Saturday, July 18, 2009

ART on the NORTH SHORE




Today we're moving from old Tassel cartoons to present day art. Three Truro Art Society members are involved in exhibits at the Fraser Cultural Centre in Tatamagouche.
Judy Arsenault's exhibit, " Trees" continues until July 29th. It will be follwed by "Rural Routes," featuring the works of Susan Sweet and Pamela Swainson. The three artists are very talented, and the shows are very creative and colorful. Check them out if you're on the North Shore.


4 comments:

  1. Hey Neil, thanks for the promo! Pam and I are working hard towards this one and I am still wrestling with my oxen paintings. Tatamagouche in August is beautiful and Pam and I also think our show will tie in nicely with the start to the Country Exhibitions and Fairs throughout Nova Scotia. Judy's Trees has been a wonderful show.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Luck with the painting and the show. Oxen are a favorite memory. An old fellow in Middleton use to walk his oxen to the Lawrencetown Exhibition (6-7 miles). We were impressed. Thanks for checking out my blog. Neil

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Neil,
    I would like to add my thanks for posting my show poster. In less than 2 weeks my show will come down to make way for Rural Routes. We really have taken over Tatamagouche, 'Art Capitol of Nova Scotia'.
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Big towns like Truro just can't keep up with Maitland, Tatamagouche, ... Great that you are doing these shows. It adds to Tata's summer atmosphere, but it makes your summers extra busy. - Neil

    ReplyDelete